[ESS] executing Julia from org: error in ess-eval-region

Fraga, Eric e@|r@g@ @end|ng |rom uc|@@c@uk
Mon Aug 15 16:24:52 CEST 2022

On Monday, 15 Aug 2022 at 13:21, Stephen Eglen wrote:
> couple of other quick points:
>
> 1. The *julia* repl gets poluted with these 'eoe' end-of-expression markers
> which may  be necessary, but feel clunky.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  They are necessary for sessions.  org babel
uses similar for other languages.

> 2. this is using *ESS* machinery to evaluate julia.  I'm not yet
> proficient enough in Julia, but feel that it might be time that a few of
> us get together to think about which is the most suitable emacs
> interface for a REPL in julia.

I would be happy to participate and it would be good to have the author
of the alternative ob-julia involved not to mention the current
maintainer of ob-julia.  What approach would you like to take for
getting together?  We could use the org mode mailing list but other
routes are possible of course.

And, also those responsible for julia-vterm etc.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-08-08) on Debian 11.4