[ESS] Next steps [OT] Best Practices Emacs / ESS Mini-Webinars

Liz Hare ||zh@re @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 18 21:32:35 CET 2021

Thanks for asking, Chris, Sorry it's taken me so long to answer, but I'm working on something related that I hope will be helpful for this project.

Accessibility best practices are kind of specific to how you want to present the materials. I've been working on pieces of this with R Forwards https://forwards.github.io, where our work started on accessibility of in-person conferences https://github.com/forwards/event_best_practices/blob/master/DRAFTEventBestPracticesDisability.md). Relevant parts of these guidelines were adopted with UseR2020 was moved online.

I'm also working with MiR (https://mircommunity.com) on the accessibility of their webinars. In the next couple of weeks, we should have pretty extensive accessibility guidelines to share. I will let you know when that document is released.

Thanks again,
Liz