[ESS] ess-remote

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Sep 14 23:05:19 CEST 2012

On 09/14/2012 11:11 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> Two ways:
>
> a) use nxclient
> b) use ssh -X with tramp

By the way, I mangled this.  This is the way I should have put it...

Three ways in order of my preference:
a) use nxclient (or x2go which I haven't tried yet)
b) use Tramp to edit the files; M-x R "does the right thing"
c) use ssh -X which seems to work better for XEmacs than Emacs YMMV

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor