[ESS] adding new .Rd files on the fly

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:51:35 CEST 2012

The question is, if I create a new .Rd file, how can I get it
recognized by Emacs?   It seems that if I want to document a function
like

 run.simulation

I should just be able to create an .Rd file called run.simulation.Rd
in the working directory, and have the contents show up when I press
C-c C-v (`ess-display-help-on-object').

But that doesn't work.  Do I need to put the file in some special
place?  Restart R?  Or can I define some variable that will get
`ess-display-help-on-object' (or, I guess,
`inferior-ess-help-command') to always look my current working
directory for new .Rd files?