[ESS] ? doesn't work

Alan S Barnett alansbarnett at verizon.net
Wed Apr 25 19:46:43 CEST 2012

The help function doesn't work.
I'm running linux.  If I run R from a terminal, help works properly.
If I run it from emacs, a new buffer opens with an error message.

Example:
*R*
buffer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

 > options(STERM='iESS', editor='emacsclient')
 > ?predict

*help[R](predict)*
Error in help("predict", htmlhelp = FALSE) :
   unused argument(s) (htmlhelp = FALSE)
I'm assuming an environment variable is not set correctly.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Alan