[ESS] ess-remote and help buffers

Leo Alekseyev dnquark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:05:02 CEST 2010

Hello all,
I use ESS-remote quite a bit (works very well with x forwarding on a
fast network).  The one thing that doesn't work for me is ESS help
buffers.  If I do ?foo, I will get help text printed directly to the
command line, with some escape characters near the prompt.  If I do
C-c C-v (name of object), I get an error: could not find function
".help.ESS".  If I set .help.ESS <- help (like in local sessions) and
do C-c C-v (object), R hangs and I have to kill emacs.  I'd appreciate
any hints on how to get help (when in ess-remote) working the same way
it does in local sessions.

--Leo