[ESS] submitting SAS files: SASUSER.REGSTRY

Samuels, Laurie l.samuels at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri May 15 19:49:11 CEST 2009

I have just started using ESS on Windows with GNU Emacs. When I submit a
SAS program using F8, I briefly see the blue "SAS 9.1" startup image (as
if I were actually starting SAS), and then my .log file contains the
following lines at the beginning:

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.REGSTRY. WORK.REGSTRY will be opened
instead.
NOTE: All registry changes will be lost at the end of the session.

Is this what I should expect to see with submission of SAS programs
using ESS?  My programs are running fine, but when I batch-submit a SAS
program my usual (old) way (i.e., not using Emacs), neither of these
things happens, so I thought I would ask.

Thank you-
Laurie Samuels