[ESS] Emacs won't start with ESS

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Aug 22 12:04:09 CEST 2009

Dear Martin:

      Thanks very much.  When I did that just now, I got the following:

           Library is in
C:\Users\spencerg\Emacs22.3\site-lisp\ess\ess-site.elc

      This raises other questions:  How can I get more information about
(1) how to find files like this and (2) what their contents should be
and (3) the difference between *.el and *.elc files?

      Thanks,
      Spencer