[ESS] Fwd: XEmacs, UNIX, ESS

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 19 16:03:19 CET 2008

I think Dr. Bates is correct.  Luis wants to interact with a shell (say,
bash) from a separate buffer containing a shell script.  This has
nothing to do with R or ESS per se, except that the model is the same as
he'd like for scripting.  So instead of a .R file sending to an R
process, a .sh file sending to a bash shell...