[ESS] minor quibble: .Last.value & tab-completion

Dan Davison davison at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 11:24:14 CEST 2007

This is not a serious complaint, just an improvement suggestion for the record:

It's sometimes happy to remember that .Last.value exists in R. However, if you hit tab for name completion between your calamitous data-losing error and your .Last.value rescue, you will be disappointed, as .Last.value contains a character vector with the possible completions. I think that is rarely or never desired, so perhaps it could be changed if possible? [I imagine that it could be hard to change these things, but I admit I haven't tried to understand the relevant code.]

Dan