[ESS] ess-cust.el

Dan Davison davison at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 12:03:05 CEST 2007

I always change ess-cust.el so that inferior-R-args contains "--no-save --no-restore-data --silent" rather than the default "".

Can I make this redefinition in my .emacs file, rather than having to alter the source code every time I download it? I tried just sticking the entry below in there, but it didn't seem to take effect. I had a quick look in the elisp manual, but wasn't very enlightened. Would someone mind telling me the 'proper' way of doing this?

Thanks again,

Dan

(defcustom inferior-R-args "--no-save --no-restore-data --silent" ;; my change
  "*String of arguments (see 'R --help') used when starting R.
These arguments are currently not passed to other versions of R that have
been created using the variable `ess-r-versions'."
  :group 'ess-R
  :type 'string)