[ESS] [Re: ess-cust.el]

8rino-Luca Pantani ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Wed Jul 4 13:08:39 CEST 2007

I agree with you, particularly if one is not an expert (like me.....).
Nevertheless, I was somehow forced  to modify ess-cust.el (as indicated
here https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2005-March/002533.html) to
let  fix() and edit() R functions work.
Unlike you, I would like Xemacs to ask me
"would you like to save .Rdata and history?"
Which commands should I add and where?
Thanks
Ottorino

Xemacs 21.4.19
ESS 5.3.4
Ubuntu 7.04

Martin Maechler ha scritto:
> Indeed, "proper" is DEFINITELY not changing any ESS source code.
> The point about customized variables is that you can customize
> them via the custom-"GUI" and then "click" to save them.
>

> For everyone else: The '--no-save' is particularly useful,
> because you can quit R without being asked about saving
> (``real men^H^H^HESS users never save or load the image ..''),
> and hence kill + restart quickly via
>
>      C-c C-q M-x R [return][return]

Ottorino-Luca Pantani, Università di Firenze
Dip. Scienza del Suolo e Nutrizione della Pianta
P.zle Cascine 28 50144 Firenze Italia
Tel 39 055 3288 202 (348 lab) Fax 39 055 333 273
OLPantani at unifi.it