[ESS] slowness problem

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Thu Sep 7 11:54:02 CEST 2006

A.J. Rossini <blindglobe <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 9/6/06, Laurent ESS <laurentESS <at> free.fr> wrote:
>
> > I tried it and it is a little faster. I will follow the A.J. Rossini
> > advice, i.e. I will learn how to use an batch approach to run Sweave on
> > Windows because I have never done it. I will find how to use the
> > Sweave.sh because this two lines are a little mysterious !
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > echo "library(\"utils\"); Sweave(\"$1\")" | R --no-save --no-restore
>
> I think that the equivalent Windows BAT script might be difficult, it
> might require 2 steps.
>
> Alternatively, maybe enough tools are present in the MinGW tools to
> make the above work.

I have noticed that unix and windows equivalent of Sweave and Stangle scripts
were just added to r-devel so this should not be a problem anymore in the future.

A    src/scripts/Sweave
A    src/scripts/Stangle
A    src/gnuwin32/fixed/bin/Sweave.sh
A    src/gnuwin32/fixed/bin/Stangle.sh

Until this is published here is the content of src/gnuwin32/fixed/bin/Sweave.sh.
I do not how this can be used in windows, but others on this list or R-help list
might help

R_EXE="${R_HOME}/bin/rterm.exe"
echo "library(\"utils\"); Stangle(\"$1\")" | \
  "${R_EXE}" --no-save --no-restore --quiet

Gregor