[ESS] slowness problem

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Sep 7 16:13:14 CEST 2006

Gregor Gorjanc wrote:

>>> I tried it and it is a little faster. I will follow the A.J. Rossini
>>> advice, i.e. I will learn how to use an batch approach to run Sweave on
>>> Windows because I have never done it. I will find how to use the

> Until this is published here is the content of src/gnuwin32/fixed/bin/Sweave.sh.
> I do not how this can be used in windows, but others on this list or R-help list
> might help
>
> R_EXE="${R_HOME}/bin/rterm.exe"
> echo "library(\"utils\"); Stangle(\"$1\")" | \
>   "${R_EXE}" --no-save --no-restore --quiet
>
> Gregor

On Windows, there is some POSIX shell functionality, but I have never
seen anyone use that.  Most people who are doing this kind of thing have
installed Cygwin or the MKS Toolkit.  For the rest of the Windows
masses, it would have to be something like (really rusty since I haven't
done NT or OS/2 programming this millennium):

rem Sweave.cmd
set R_EXE="%R_HOME%\bin\rterm.exe"