[ESS] slowness problem

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:07:30 CEST 2006

On 9/6/06, Laurent ESS <laurentESS at free.fr> wrote:

> I tried it and it is a little faster. I will follow the A.J. Rossini
> advice, i.e. I will learn how to use an batch approach to run Sweave on
> Windows because I have never done it. I will find how to use the
> Sweave.sh because this two lines are a little mysterious !
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "library(\"utils\"); Sweave(\"$1\")" | R --no-save --no-restore

I think that the equivalent Windows BAT script might be difficult, it
might require 2 steps.

Alternatively, maybe enough tools are present in the MinGW tools to
make the above work.

Sorry, I don't think I can be of much more assistance on this.  Anyone
else a Windows scripting expert?  We (someone else :-) could then
extend ess-makeSweave to ess-makeSweave-using-another-R, or similarly
named function (would be useful when having 2+ CPUs/cores).
best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).