[ESS] Emacs windows and Interactive SAS

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Wed Sep 14 03:45:02 CEST 2005

I am thrilled to hear M-x SAS is still in use.

The request is both reasonable and easy.
I wrote it based on the function ess-multi-frame-SAS in essd-sas.el

Store the following in file essd-sas-3window.el and then load the file from dired with L.

Place the cursor in a myfile.sas buffer.
Run SAS with M-x SAS,
Return the cursor to the myfile.sas buffer,
then enter C-c 3

Let me know how this works for you.  If it seems reasonable add the line
        (load-file "essd-sas-3window.el")
to your .emacs.  After some experience we might add it to ESS.

Rich

;;;  essd-sas-3window.el ;;;
(defun ess-sas-3window ()
  "Put running SAS buffers into three windows in one frame.
Place the cursor in a myfile.sas buffer.  Run SAS with M-x SAS,
Return the cursor to the myfile.sas buffer,
then enter C-c 3 to put myfile.sas in the upperleft window,
*SAS.log* in the upperright window, and *SAS.lst* buffers in
the bottom window.  The *SAS* buffer remains buried."
  (interactive)
  (delete-other-windows)
  (split-window-vertically)
  (split-window-horizontally)
  (other-window 1)
  (switch-to-buffer "*SAS.log*")
  (other-window 1)
  (switch-to-buffer "*SAS.lst*")
  (other-window 1)
)

(define-key sas-mode-local-map "\C-c3" 'ess-sas-3window)
;;; end of  essd-sas-3window.el ;;;