[ESS] Debugging in R

Kasper Daniel Hansen kaha at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Jun 24 21:41:26 CEST 2005

The debug package is an R package.

I think that what Martin observed is that some ESS functionality hangs.
Eg. ESS has tab completion for the help function, and that does not work
in a recover session. But I think that what you are describing is
something different - that everything hangs? So let me clarify: when I do
options(error = recover) it works exactly as under the console - but I
might have problems with some extended ESS functionality.

Your message seems to indicate that it worked recently. I am using
Emacs 22.0.50.1 under Mac Os Tiger with ESS 52.8 (the newest).

I am not sure I can help further - I am quite mystified if using
options(error = recover) crashes the Emacs session...

Kasper