[ESS] Is ess supposed to help with Sweave documents?

Henrik Andersson h.andersson at nioo.knaw.nl
Mon Jan 24 18:39:32 CET 2005

I'm getting into the habit of writing Sweave files instead of R scripts
with a lot of comments. The pros of this approach are obvious but the
downside are that I often type things wrong and when I invoke my little
script that magically transforms this into a pdf this ends in error and
  Sweave tells me something is wrong in chunk number x.

I would like to be able to load the R code in a file using C-c C-l (so
Stangle and source instead of just source) just like you would with a .R
file and then goto the error easily.

I have not entered the dark arts of lisp programming so I'm afraid I can
not contribute anything more than ideas and feedback at the moment.

Maybe I will someday, since I now find myself spending more than 50 % of
my working hours using Emacs.

Cheers, Henrik Andersson