[ESS] Is ess supposed to help with Sweave documents?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:14:52 CET 2005

If you are using Sweave using strictly Noweb markup, then the fast and
painful way is to use a Makefile to extract the code with noweb and
dump it to a file, then reload it.  But you've got to be using markup
which is in the intersection of Noweb and Sweave (and I'm not going to
go into that argument again).

Another option is to use the submit thread command (I don't think it's
bound) which creates a temp buffer of the "thread" (i.e. appropriate
chunks strung together) and dumps it into a buffer.

BUT, I think that Mark (the original author) only used ess-eval-buffer
on it. rather than ess-load-source, which is what you want to do.  We
should look into that for the following release.