[ESS] .emacs now working with dump under ess

McClatchie, Sam (PIRSA-SARDI) mcclatchie.sam at saugov.sa.gov.au
Wed Feb 23 02:37:30 CET 2005

Hello Andreas

Thanks very much for that tip. I have modified the line in .emacs to:

(setq ess-source-directory
      '(lambda () (file-name-as-directory
		   (expand-file-name (concat "./R_Src")))))

This gets rid of the dependence on the global environment variables. Second,
I don't store my dumped scripts in a directory starting with dot! The last
time I moved jobs, an IT person backed up my machine with a windows based
software and it ignored the hidden directories, so all my .RData were lost.
Fortunately, I had dumped the scripts into a subdirectory that did not start
with dot.

Many thanks for your help.
----
Sam McClatchie,
Sub-program leader, Pelagic Fisheries
South Australian Aquatic Sciences Centre
PO Box 120, Henley Beach 5022
Adelaide, South Australia
email <mcclatchie.sam at saugov.sa.gov.au>
Telephone: (61-8) 8207 5448