[ESS] problems with ESS

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 11:11:49 CET 2005

Dear Marten, I think the problem is that the version of XEmacs you are
using does not include all the packages needed by ESS.  The easiest
thing is to install "xemacs sumo", that has all the packages, and
therefore everything you need.

BTW, Thanks for sending the debug-init output, this is helpful as it
instantly showed me the problem:

 >  signal(file-error ("Eannot open load file" "executable"))
 >  load("executable" nil t nil)
 >  require(executable)

Best wishes, Stephen