[ESS] (no subject)

Martin Henry Stevens HStevens at muohio.edu
Sat Feb 5 22:28:05 CET 2005

Unless there is something I am missing (quite likely), you do the same
thing on UNIX, windows and Mac :
C-x 2 splits the emacs frame
Select a buffer for R
M-x R starts R in the selected buffer
Select the other buffer
C-x C-f  file.r starts a new file called file.r
then edit away!
Hank

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:45:53AM -0900, Adam Craig wrote:
>

>>Now that I am no longer in a mathematics department, the days of using UNIX
>>boxes are over.  I have installed emacs 21.3 on my new windows box as well
>>as R 2.00.  Obviously, emacs works a little differently in a windows
>>environment than in a UNIX environment.  I am wanting to use emacs as my
>>main text editor while running R or Matlab as a subprocess.  Can you assist
>>me to get R running in a secondary buffer so that I can program in the other
>>buffer and use the ESS function to get R to run the code?  I recall that
>>with the UNIX boxes at school I could simply split the buffer, name one
>>buffer as "filename.r", in the other buffer type M-x R, and then code in the
>>filename.r buffer and have the code run in the other using ESS.
>>

>Although I once helped a friend solve this problem, I cannot recall how.
>But - as apperant from several discussion onthis list - John Fox has
>made a (hopefully :) nice help page describing how to get it up and
>running. I do not recall the url, but try Google or search through the
>archives - quite a lot of posts about some problems with the setup
>(which I do not remember if they have been resolved or not).
>
>Kasper
>

>>Any help would be appreciated!
>>

>>Adam Craig
>>

>>	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056