[ESS] (no subject)

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Feb 4 20:16:55 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:45:53AM -0900, Adam Craig wrote:
> Now that I am no longer in a mathematics department, the days of using UNIX
> boxes are over.  I have installed emacs 21.3 on my new windows box as well
> as R 2.00.  Obviously, emacs works a little differently in a windows
> environment than in a UNIX environment.  I am wanting to use emacs as my
> main text editor while running R or Matlab as a subprocess.  Can you assist
> me to get R running in a secondary buffer so that I can program in the other
> buffer and use the ESS function to get R to run the code?  I recall that
> with the UNIX boxes at school I could simply split the buffer, name one
> buffer as "filename.r", in the other buffer type M-x R, and then code in the
> filename.r buffer and have the code run in the other using ESS.

Although I once helped a friend solve this problem, I cannot recall how.
But - as apperant from several discussion onthis list - John Fox has
made a (hopefully :) nice help page describing how to get it up and
running. I do not recall the url, but try Google or search through the
archives - quite a lot of posts about some problems with the setup
(which I do not remember if they have been resolved or not).

Kasper

> Any help would be appreciated!
>

> Adam Craig
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen