5.2.1 feedback

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Wed Jun 30 10:38:11 CEST 2004

Dear Daniel:

You can get the "R in its own buffer behavior".  You can put this in
your .emacs file, but I prefer to set it once for all users.  On Fedora
Core 2 Linux, The emacs startup reads the file site-start.d as well as
all files in the directory:

  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/

In there i create a file called ess-init.el which has this stuff:

(require 'pc-select)
(pc-selection-mode)

(load "../ess/lisp/ess-site")

(setq inferior-ess-own-frame t)

;;create a new fram for each help instance

(setq ess-help-own-frame t)
;;If you want all help
;; buffers to go into one frame do:

;; (setq ess-help-own-frame 'one)

If your emacs reads a site-start.el file, you can put the same in there.

Note I'm wanting pc-select mode as well

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504