Kasper Daniel Hansen
k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jun 29 20:58:56 CEST 2004
I did a "vanilla" installation of 5.2.1 on Emacs 21.3.1 running on SuSE
9.1. As far as I know SuSE has not done anything to the standard Emacs
except a small .emacs configuration (mostly stuff like showing line
numbers and some gnus specific stuff).
It works out of the box with the nice-looking toolbar. However
* I do not get a new frame when I use help in R (I prefer this
behaviour, it is just that there were some talk about altering it)
* No (additional) toolbar when I am in the R buffer (again, I do not
know if it is intended).
* Font-lock in SAS mode still does not work when I start emacs with the
-nw (no-windows) option; it works with R mode though (as it always
* The date stamp on the frontpage of ess.pdf must be wrong (it is dated
sometime in 2002).
* The Changelog in ess.pdf only goes to ess-5.2.0
A last question: is it possible to view the texi files without
installing them in the info hierachy, doing something like
# info -f ess.texi
gets a complaint about texi missing the "top node"?
Thanks for you work.
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen
More information about the ESS-help