Please test these rpms if you run Fedora Core 2 linux

chengshan chengshan at ms1.url.com.tw
Tue Jun 29 20:02:53 CEST 2004

Hi, Prof. Johnson:

Your rpm package of ESS-Emacs 5.2.1 works fine with Fedora Core 2 in my
computer. After uncommenting the last line of "ess-init.el," restarting
Emacs and R, Emacs pops up a seperate buffer window. It is a very convenient
design, thank you very much.

Also your rpm files for Swarm
(http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2X_Fdr2/) also work
smoothly under Fedora Core 2 in my computer. Thank you.

The ICPSR summer institute started today. Yesterday after I talked
individually with the instructors of the courses I am interested, I figured
out that I cannot take as many course as I desired. Each one-month course or
workshop is actually a condensed version of a three-month class for a
semester. Here are the two syllabus of the two courses I am taking:
Regression Analysis III: Advanced Methods by Robert Andersen and Statistical
Computing in S by John Fox. I believe they will advance my skills in R,
graphical presentation, and using LaTex.

As to my paper on Taiwan, I will fix the problems you pointed out and
communicate with you in a seperate E-mail.

Sincerely,

Frank Liu
Cheng-shan Frank Liu                  Email: ashan at ku.edu
Dept. of Political Science             http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~ashan
1541 Lilac Lane
University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas 66044-3177    FAX: (785) 864-5700