[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod: addTA is broken?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 16:44:38 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

The issue is an incompatibility between the newest quantmod and the
current CRAN version of xts.  So downgrading quantmod should solve the
issue (as you have seen).

Though it was intended to be released last week, xts_0.6-2 (the newest
xts) has some additional features that addTA takes advantage of.  A
chicken and the egg, in which the chicken won...

That is what you are seeing in your output ... merge.xts now has a
join and retside arg that is getting misinterpreted by the old
merge.xts.

xts is wrapping up testing now, and should be ready for CRAN in the
next day or two.

Thanks,
Jeff