[R-SIG-Finance] Quotes every minute

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:02:08 CEST 2008

One quick note:

getQuote does _not_ return an xts object.  At present that isn't
possible since the the timestamps/index values would be duplicates.
It is a data.frame.  The original purpose of the function was less for
data, and more for seeing what is going on in the market without
picking my head up. :)

That said, the first column _is_ a POSIXct object.

> str(getQuote("MS")[1])
'data.frame':   1 obs. of  1 variable:
 $ Trade Time: POSIXct, format: "2008-10-23 12:44:00"

It is quite extensible though.  Take a look at ?yahooQF

As Brian said, there are quite a few places in recent R-sig-finance
history where you will find info on splitting POSIXct into and out of
a string.

Jeff