[R-SIG-Finance] Scaling risk for irregularly spaced time series?

Shane Conway shane.conway at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 23:16:20 CEST 2008

Thanks!

That's my problem: I can't rely on the observations being evenly
spaced (hence my reference to "irregularly spaced").  Do most people
interpolate their data so that it's regularly spaced first, and if so,
won't that also bias the calculation?

Any suggestions for how to produce a daily volatility calculation
using an irregularly spaced intraday time series?  I'm not married to
using the square-root rule if there's a better alternative...