[R-SIG-Finance] Scaling risk for irregularly spaced time series?

Chiquoine, Ben BChiquoine at tiff.org
Fri Oct 10 23:06:37 CEST 2008

I believe Davids suggestion is correct if your 8 hours are consecutive.
This may be pointing out the obvious but if your observations are
unevenly separated throughout the day your return series will not be
hourly and if there is mean reversion or momentum (evidence of both have
been found in fx data depending on the frequency of observation) your
results will be biased.  Unfortunately I don't have a better way for you
to approach the problem this is just a heads up

Good luck,

Ben