[R] things that are difficult/impossible to do in SAS or SPSS butsimple in R

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 00:35:18 CET 2008

On 2008-January-15  , at 21:58 , Greg Snow wrote:
> Some aspects of graphics, adding to graphs I believe is still quite a
> bit easier in R/S-PLUS.

Hadley would give better examples than me (and I'm no expert of SAS-
SPSS) but with ggplots, in R, it is both very easy produce statistical
plots (i.e. with results from lm's,various smoothers, data density
etc.) and to overlay different graphics layers without having to take
care of the scales, legends, etc.
	http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/

NB: the website itself only demonstrates simple graphs done with one
function (since its purpose is documentation) but overlaying two
graphs is often as simple as adding them:
p <- ggplot(mtcars, aes(x=wt, y=mpg)) + geom_point()
g <- geom_path(aes(x=wt,y=mpg, colour=qsec))
p + g
(this example is probably useless but it is only for demonstration
purposes)

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/