[R] things that are difficult/impossible to do in SAS or SPSS butsimple in R

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Jan 15 21:58:13 CET 2008

My SAS and SPSS are rusty as well, so things may have changed, but I
think it is still difficult to do simulations and general bootstrap type
analyses (simulate or resample a dataset, analyze it and capture a piece
(or pieces) of the output, repeate many times and end up with a
vector/matrix of interest).

Some aspects of graphics, adding to graphs I believe is still quite a
bit easier in R/S-PLUS.
Show some interactive graphics, start with simple things like the
identify function, up to more complex examples (some in the
TeachingDemos package as well as other places), also look at the iplots
and rgl packages.

I (and I expect others here) am interested in what you find, maybe you
could post a link to your finished presentation after you give it.

Those are the things that come to my mind first, hope it helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org