[Rd] Transferring ownership of R-managed buffer

Tim Keitt tkeitt at utexas.edu
Thu Mar 30 20:52:47 CEST 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> The concept of having a vector which is a "window" into another vector
> without duplication ( which I suspect is at least related to your use-case,
> though I could be wrong) is a special case of one of alt-representations I
>  have implemented there.

Nice. That is exactly what I need. I was trying out a little experiment,
but I think its not possible right now because the length of an R vector is
identical to the buffer length. I can do everything I need except force the
length of the returned R vector to be only a portion of the allocated
storage.

THK

http://www.keittlab.org/

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]