[ESS] Debian installation bug report with current package and Emacs 28.1

Thu Sep 15 10:17:10 CEST 2022

    > it was related to the ability to start a shell, run R (or another stat
    > language) in the shell, and convert it to an interactive R process known by
    > ESS.   handy for ssh'ing into a remote machine.

    > at least that was the idea, back in 1996 :)

I'm sorry Tony,  but this was only the bell it ringed with you;
I meant something very different that has only been introduced
with all the package-handling tools in ESS after the last formal
release (in 2018).

    > On Wed, 14 Sept 2022, 11:27 Lionel Henry via ESS-help, <
    > ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

    >> I'm not sure what you mean by "taking over".
    >> Do we have an issue tracking this on github?

    >> Lionel

I did not know, but now I searched (a little while) and found:
It's even an open one:

   https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/issues/508

{but I think it does not tell the whole story
 since the situation has become worse for me in the mean time}.