[ESS] graphics window for TRAMP sessions

Fernando Mayer |ern@ndom@yer @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 21 00:12:19 CEST 2022

I do this normally with TRAMP, however, you need to enable X11 forwarding
both on the client and the server side.

On the client side: edit (or create) ~/.ssh/config to include the following
line

ForwardX11 yes

On the server side: you will need to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to
include/enable the following line

X11Forwarding yes

In a normal TRAMP session I'm able to display R graphics on my local
machine.

HTH,

---
Fernando de Pol Mayer
Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação - LEG
Departamento de Estatística - DEST
Universidade Federal do Paraná - UFPR
e-mail: fernando.mayer [@] {gmail.com, ufpr.br}