[ESS] ess-local-process-name

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 10 21:40:38 CEST 2022

Hello Johannes,

On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 11:40, Hüsing, Johannes wrote:

> Apologies that I said that the problem occurred on a Windows machine,
> when it was, in fact, a machine running GNU/Linux. On the PC at the
> company, that error does not occur, and autocompletion works the
> tried-and-true Emacs way.

No need to apologise, Emacs is my oasis in the Windows desert :-). But I
fear this assumption has led you to install Vincent Goulet emacs
version, which I have only heard of. I don't even know if it is possible
to install this version on GNU/Linux.

>> I tried to install the preinstalled configuration of Emacs 27 provided by Vincent Goulet, but this one expected to find the program RTerm, and failed to do so.

Could you please post which emacs version are you using? Mine is GNU
Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24) of
2022-01-16.

As you see I haven't made the jump to Emacs 28 yet, but I don't
get the error message you are refering to with Emacs 27.

My linux my distribution is: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye).

If my assumptions are correct, I would recommend starting from a fresh
install of emacs. But bear in mind that my recommendation is based on the
ignorance of the exact problem.

HTH,
Jeremie