[ESS] Possible problem with Org 9.6?

William Denton wtd @end|ng |rom pobox@com
Fri Dec 2 20:25:11 CET 2022

On 2 December 2022, Colin Baxter wrote:

> I have now used your set-up, exactly I think, using "emacs-28.2 -q" and
> the latest ESS and I still cannot reproduce your error. For me, the src
> source block gives the expected result. I'm stuck!

Strange!  But it's been fixed in Org, so whatever caused it can remain a
mystery.  R and Org are back to working nicely (except for a problem with images
not being refreshed, but that's to do with images generally, not just R).

   commit 4564627415b1e609acdddd6e92b33d51c8e427c1 (origin/bugfix)
   Author: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92 using posteo.net>
   Date:   Fri Dec 2 13:57:14 2022 +0800

       org-babel-comit-with-output: Fix when prompt is emitted partially

       * lisp/ob-comint.el (org-babel-comint-with-output): Do not rely on
       output filter when detecting prompt lines.  Search for
       `comint-prompt-regexp' in the full output after applying the filter.
       This is needed when the filter is supplied with partial prompts.

Cheers,

Bill

--
William Denton