[ESS] New Emacs 27.2 Released for macOS. Now Includes Apple Silicon support.

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue Mar 30 14:49:26 CEST 2021

Hi All,

Just an FYI that over the past few days, there were apparently some
releases of Emacs 27.2 for macOS from:

   https://emacsformacosx.com

The latest version is 27.2-2.

These are the first releases since the 27.1 releases last August.

The notes for the latest release from:

   https://emacsformacosx.com/about

"Emacs builds as of 2021-03-26 include arm64 support (native Apple
Silicon binaries). This includes the 27.2-1 release.
Also starting now, gnutls, jansson, libffi and their dependencies are
not built with Homebrew--it kept breaking old builds, and moving the
"unsupported" bar forward much quickly than I wanted to. Now I have
tighter control over the dependency build process at the expense of
having to maintain a bunch of custom code to download, configure and
make them."

Regards,

Marc Schwartz