[ESS] ESS M-x R failing in a Windows installation

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Wed Mar 10 16:40:05 CET 2021

Hi Jeremie:

As you say, Windows installs do depend on the user’s preferences.
However, in ancient ESS (circa 2004), we coded around this by
going to the Windows registry.  However, I have rarely used
Windows since so I can’t say how that approach might be
used today (or if it is, how it might be failing).  I think a big
issue is that few (if any) ESS developers are using Windows.
Rich was probably the rear guard and he switched to Mac.

PS. the old registry discussions are probably in the archives
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/

--
Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Chair ISBA Section on Biostatistics and Pharmaceutical Statistics

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]