[ESS] Best Practice for building R packages

Tyler Smith ty|er @end|ng |rom p|@nt@rum@c@
Thu Oct 8 15:38:31 CEST 2020

I only update my package once or twice a year, and haven't created
a new one in a while. That said, I really like the ESS/devtools
integration. I usually have to dig into the docs to remind myself
about `C-c C-o C-o` to get a new roxygen template, but that's much
less effort than refreshing myself on Rd syntax (again).

I didn't realize ESS automated compiling documentation! devtools'
`document()` function is what I've been using, and I hadn't
thought to look for an even shorter method.

I would also be interested in a webinar.

Best,

Tyler

Tyler Smith
plantarum.ca