[ESS] Best Practice for building R packages

Ahmadou Dicko d|cko@@hm@dou @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 8 15:17:27 CEST 2020

I do agree with your suggestion. There is much more to ESS than I
know and it would be great if we could pool our resources to improve
further. For my part `ess-describe-object-at-point` really improved by
workflow as it can be customized to include any function.

Indeed, it would be great to pool resources on R package development in
ESS.
I use a lot the new ess-r-package-mode and the devtools wrapper (C-c C-w
*), it wraps several useful devtools functions for loading, documenting,
testing, checking, etc.
For roxygen, I use C-c C-o C-o to  generate a roxygen template for a given
function and C-c C-w d to document (Rd, NAMESPACE, etc.)
I would love to know what other people are doing and happy to contribute as
well.

Best,