[ESS] how to change default emacs behavior, upon running R code, from 2 side-by-by side frames to top-and-bottom frames?

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue Nov 10 14:51:43 CET 2020

Hi,

FWIW, I had the same issue at some point in the past, and I have the following in my .emacs to change the behavior:

(add-to-list 'display-buffer-alist '("*R" (display-buffer-reuse-window display-buffer-at-bottom)
 (window-width . 0.5) (reusable-frames . nil)))

That was provided here on the list some time ago, and perhaps there is a more recent incantation, if things have changed since then.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz