[ESS] [OT] Best Practices Emacs / ESS Mini-Webinars

Stephen Bond @tephen@cbond @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Mon Dec 28 22:23:13 CET 2020

Hi Dirk,

I have been struggling with trying to follow the steps in
https://r-pkgs.org/ and the best thing would be to have a similar
online book showing the steps with ESS. the Hadley book is chained to
RStudio and they assume everybody uses RStudio, so many examples do not
work as expected when run inside ESS/emacs. there is also some
completely undocumented menus like (Select package for evaluation) not
mentioned on the official ESS page:
https://ess.r-project.org/Manual/ess.html
I am willing to help and donate time if you can start with such an
online book.
Cheers, really happy this may be happening.
S.