[ESS] Running R over tramp

Chris Wallace cew54 @end|ng |rom c@m@@c@uk
Sat Dec 19 16:04:17 CET 2020

Dear Jeremie,

short answer:
- ess version 18.10.3snapshot
- R version 3.6.1 (2019-07-05) -- "Action of the Toes"
- local system: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
- remote system: Scientific Linux release 7.9 (Nitrogen)

long answer (sorry):
I do not believe this is a problem with ess. It is a long standing
issue for me that has persisted across multiple versions of emacs, ess,
R and (local) Ubuntu.  It does not occur when I have run R via tramp on
other remote systems. I believe it is a problem particular to this
remote system, and am seeking a workaround.

Chris