[ESS] Error starting R

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 3 16:33:46 CEST 2018

Hello,

Be sure to CC ess-help using r-project.org in your reply as your mail can help
others as well. You might find better support in this way too.

I updated by ess to your version : ess-version: 18.10 and could load
R without difficulty.

I'm using GNU Emacs 25.3.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
of 2018-08-22 though. So updating emacs might help but it might be
costly depending on your operating system.

Another way around your problem could be trying to switch back to
previous versions of ESS.

If you use melpa and you didn't delete the previous versions of ess, deleting the most
recent ones in your directory and reloading emacs should do the job.

Another quick way to see if the problem comes from your .init file is to
start emacs without loading it.

> emacs -Q (from the terminal)

then in the scratch execute

(add-to-list 'load-path "path to ess site.el ")
;; mine
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/djj/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20181003.755/")
(require 'ess-site)

I got some errors from julia mode but R works fine.

Hope it helps

Jeremie