[ESS] Ess in emacs on mac

Luping Zhang rolf.cheung at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:10:36 CET 2017

To whom may concern
Sorry for bothering you. But I have a question about ESS.
When typing the command “M-x R RET” in mini buffer, I can
go in R, as the following picture shows. However, there is always
an information: “if (identical (getOption)…” pops up. I am not sure
this is normal when using ESS in emacs. Could you explain for me
why this information always shows, and how can I avoid this. By the way,
My configuration in emacs initial file is
( use-package ess-site
	:ensure ess
	:init
	(setq inferior-R-program-name “/usr/local/bin/R)
	(setq ess-ask-for-ess-directory nil))

Thanks again, long for hear from you

Greetings from Nanjing China

Luping