[ESS] Problems with lintr in Emacs

van Nieuwkoop Renger Herman rengerv at ethz.ch
Fri Dec 15 15:16:38 CET 2017

Hi
I have update to R-3.4.3 after having problems when I open an R-script and flyspellcheck of syntax activated. I get the following error, which makes sense as the path for Rterm.exe is wrong:

Try installing a more recent version of r-lintr, and please open a bug report if the issue persists in the latest release.  Thanks!
Suspicious state from syntax checker r-lintr: Flycheck checker r-lintr returned non-zero exit code 1, but its output contained no errors: 'c:\PROGRA~1\R\R-34~1.3/bin/x64/Rterm.exe" --slave --restore --no-save -e "library' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The path should be "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.4.3/bin/x64/Rterm.exe"

I have searched in my .emacs and other files or options  where this might be coming from, but I didn't find a clue where this wrong path to Rterm.exe (in this case 'c:\PROGRA~1\R\R-34~1.3/bin/x64/Rterm.exe) is set.

I reinstalled ESS and Emacs, but that didn't solve the issue.
Windows 10, x64, Emacs 25.1.3 (from Goulet)

Thanks in advance
Renger