[ESS] Interaction with Sweave, knitr, pandoc, polymode et al.

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 5 11:10:22 CEST 2016

>> On Mon, Apr 04 2016 22:04, Vincent Goulet wrote:

>> Le 4 avr. 2016 à 18:08, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit using gmail.com> a écrit :

>>> Enough to strongly consider removing the default association in my
>>> distribution.
>>
>> Too late;) Polymode is very likely to be the default from next ESS release.

> Ok, but then please don't override functionality that fits very well the
> workflow of old timers like me (!)

UI changes are unavoidable.

> Is it possible to set the exporter and target format in file variables and
> forego these questions?

It's a bit tricky currently but will be possible once I uncouple weaver/exporter
functionality from polymode.

In any case it asks on first invocation only. It's not such a big deal IMO.

> Good thing. I'd expect the behaviour to be the same as with AUCTeX, here.

AFAIK AUCTeX doesn't open pdf files automatically. That's what ESS is doing on
top of it.

 Vitalie