[ESS] company-mode?

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 6 16:43:05 CEST 2015

As Ista already pointed out, company ESS integration needs no configuration.

Company-mode is great but its default keybindings are not so much. Here is what
I do:

(define-key company-active-map [tab] 'company-complete-selection)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "TAB") 'company-complete-selection)
(define-key company-active-map [return] nil)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "RET") nil)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "M-n") nil)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "M-p") nil)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "M-h") 'company-show-doc-buffer)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "M-,") 'company-select-next)
(define-key company-active-map (kbd "M-k") 'company-select-previous)

Some keys above are unset (bound to nil) because they interfere with the binding
in the comint mode (aka *R* buffers).

  Vitalie

PS: Ista, great .emacs.d! Reminded me that I badly need to cleanup mine.