[ESS] Polymode markdown indents (whitespace) lost

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:30:32 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >>> Paul Johnson on Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:46:46 -0600 wrote:
>
>  > OK to discuss polymode here (apart from ESS?).
>
> Better on polymode github issue tracker.
>
>  > for nested list.  I usually insert 4 spaces manually, have also
>  > tested 2 tabs entry method. In Emacs 24.4 with polymode installed
>  > last week, I see problem that the indented lines float back to left
>  > side (for no reason I can discern).  Sometimes happens repeatedly, I
>  > type space and look back as it disappears.
>
> I don't see this. Does this happen in plain markdown-mode?
>
> Markdown mode has a cycling indentation and indents all list from 0. You
> probably have some kind of auto-indentation tweak that triggers
> indentation after space characters.

Thanks. You are correct, as usual.  I confirm your guess that my config
caused this. If I have no init file at all, neither markdown nor polymode
cause the weird "float to the left" behavior. Am tearing down my init.el to
see what is causing this.Right now, it appears an errant use of the GUI
customizer is at fault.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]